[Mailman-Users] None of my Admin's are Recevicing "Waiting forModerator Aproval E-mails"

Oliver Brian (BTAS) brian.oliver at btas.com
Mon Jul 12 14:54:42 CEST 2004

Jim..Thanks for the response....
I'm starting to wonder if I have a bigger issue.  I'm using Mailman
2.1.4 with EXIM 3.35. I can't find any documentation that tells me how
to set these versions up together. It's either Mailman 2.1 and EXIM 4 or
Mailman 2 and EXIM 3.  Could this be the problem?  Any pointers on
proper documentation?  Should I upgrade? Also I do have "mailowner" in
my EXIM.conf.  Should I remove it? Attached - EXIM.conf (Entire File)
> without >the need for explicit aliases for each list... they may still
> be configured >to use the old Mailman 2.0.x script names rather than
> those you are using >in your alias file. (Check the
> README.{your-MTA-here} files in the source >distribution.)
> Also I'm aware that Exim is my MTA, but I don't know what version.
How
> can I find out?
exim -bV
One of the things that I like about Exim is its excellent
documentation.  You should study Exim's doc/spec.txt.
> I have a funny feeling that the pointer to the wrapper call
> (MAILMAN_WRAP) in the exim.conf may be wrong:
Note that if you are using the scheme that allows Exim to
discover the mailing lists by testing for the list's
configuration files, you do not want to add them to your
aliases file.
> # user and group for mailman
> MAILMAN_UID=root
I'm surprised you run Mailman as root.
> I have noticed that in various documentation that the
> MAILMAN_WRAP=MAILMAN_HOME/mail/mailman.  Should I change it to
mailman?
> And if so how do I change it?
You want MAILMAN_WRAP to point to the wrapper program which is
normally in MAILMAN/mail/mailman, where MAILMAN is typically
/usr/local/mailman.  You didn't show enough of your Exim
configuration file to be sure, but
># home dir for mailman
>MAILMAN0=/var/lib/mailman
looks suspicious.  I would expect that to be
MAILMAN_HOME=/var/lib/mailman
or use MAILMAN0 in other places in your exim.conf.
I still think you have a reference to the old Mailman 2.0.x
'mailowner' wrapper somewhere in your Exim configuration.
Jim Tittsler