[Mailman-Users] Automatic rejecting of non-subscriber messages

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Wed Jul 21 14:19:19 CEST 2004

I am still running an older version of mailman until we upgrade to a new
server in a month or so, but I have a need to reject 100% of the
non-subscribers on at least one of the listservs. There are a few ways I
could do this:
The first is to intercept the message before it hits the list, parse the
from: address, and compare it with the subscribers for that list (I
already have code that extracts the email address and passwords for some
web sites).

The second, and probably more preferable would to find a hook in mailman
python code.

The reason I need to do this is we have a moderated list, and the
non-member posts are taking quite a bit of the moderator's time.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group