[Mailman-Users] Auto-Rejecting posts

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 22 05:59:37 CEST 2004

LuKreme wrote:

>I spend most of my time now with mailing lists manually rejecting posts
>from non-members from the dozens and dozens of spam messages each lists
>gets on a daily basis.  Is there some way to auto-reject or auto-drop
>posts from non-subscribers that is more elegant than simply dumping the
>entire admin db?

Go to the list administration->Privacy options...->Sender filters page,
scroll to the bottom and select "Reject" or "Discard" for "Action to
take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action is
defined."

>There are sometimes posts that exceed the size limit or cc limit that I
>do approve, so simply discarding the entire spool of admin messages is
>not a solution.

If you're routinely approving these, you might consider increasing the
limits. Size limit is on the "General Options" page and number of
recipients is on the Privacy options...->Recipient filters page