[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing query

Rob Hackney Rob.hackney at tkcsales.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 14:34:13 CEST 2004

I've read thru the faq but not managed to find the answer and also
searched the archives using terms:
bounce processing postmaster copy in various combinations.
I've found a similar post from someone but no answer:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg08869.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg08593.html

I have an alias for postmaster set up for postfix and I've just checked
that mailbox.
I sent out a newsletter over the weekend and now have 2k messages in the
postmaster alias mailbox
They all have the same subject: postmaster copy: undelivered mail
and are all from same sender: mailer-daemon at lists.domain.co.uk
I have set my bounce processing options to Yes under notify list owner.
My threshold is set at 5.0 so I guess I have an 8 day wait now until I
see if a subscriber is disabled.
Would I be correct in assuming that mailman is still processing bounces
and is sending a copy to postmaster - as the subject states that the
bounce is a postmaster copy?

I know that a lot of this question may appear to be more a postfix/
procmail issue, but I wanted to check on the process Mailman does for
bounces.

Thanks

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It should not be deemed to constitute a binding contract between TKC Group and the recipient(s) unless a purchase order number is quoted.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TKC Group Ltd.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), please do not copy or disclose its contents. Please return it to: postmaster at tkcsales.co.uk then delete the email.

Scanned for viruses by MailDefender