[Mailman-Users] Digest Email Question

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jul 28 02:48:40 CEST 2004

Brad Knowles <brad.knowles at skynet.be> wrote:

>At 9:43 PM -0400 2004-07-26, Jon Stephenson Jr. wrote:

<snip>

>>  Also, we would like to be able to have our clientele have the ability
>>  to print 1 email out at a time that is contained in the digest email,
>>  instead of printing all email that are contained in the digest.  Is
>>  there a way to format this as well, as to separate to respective
>>  email from each other when printing?  For example print page 7 for
>>  email # 7?
>
>	Mailman knows nothing about your printer or your printer format.
>If you can configure your MUA to understand MIME-formatted digests
>and working in this manner, congratulations!

In a MIME formatted Mailman digest, each post is a separate MIME part.
Many MUAs will show these as attachments which can be opened and
printed individually. Some MUAs will even allow these to be forwarded
or replied to as individual messages as well.

For example, ELM 1.17.214.4, Pine 4.44, Netscape 7.1/Mozilla 5.0 and MS
Outlook Express 6 will open and print individual messages from the
MIME digest, but of these, only Outlook Express and Pine will allow an
individually opened part to be forwarded or replied to.