[Mailman-Users] Involuntary attachment archiving bug

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 29 06:08:43 CEST 2004

Christian Balzer wrote:

>So my question is:
>
>What the heck is causing it to archive those attachments in the first
>place? I don't want this stuff archived, esp. not considering it
>might trigger the above bug again.

It archives the attachments because digests (at least non-MIME digests)
do not include attachments. Instead they include links to the
attachments which therefore must have been saved somewhere so they can
be linked from the digest.

Sorry I can't help with the cause of the bug or any solution, but at
least you can understand why the attachments are being saved.