[Mailman-Users] VERP Issue

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jul 31 18:00:14 CEST 2004

Speedy Gonzalis (Tim) wrote:

>Since I know that my address is valid and that I have not had problems prior to enabling or after disabling VERP, I'm going to make the assumption that this is not a Mailman problem, but that the server on the receiving end is rejecting these messages because it appears to be spam or their mail server is not properly configured.
>
>I would be interested if anyone else has seen this or has any comments.

You could temporarily set the bounce_score_threshold for the list to
0.4 and bounce_notify_owner_on_disable to "yes" so that the first
bounce message is sent to the owner and you can see what it says.

Of course, after doing this, you need to set the threshold back and
enable delivery on everyone who bounced.