[Mailman-Users] Reply Command Acting Weird

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 1 02:45:42 CEST 2004

On 31 May 2004 at 14:09, David Andrews wrote:

> I am running Mailman version 2.1.5.  I have a couple users reporting
> that when they use the "Reply" command in their mail program, that
> both the list address, and the sender of the original message,
> addresses are put there.  I have Mailman set to set reply to the list,
> so the sender shouldn't be there.  One user uses PM Mail, another
> Outlook Express.
>
> Any ideas?

Assuming that by PM Mail, you mean Pegasus Mail, then it's probably a
case of the user is selecting "Address Reply to: All Recipients" in
the reply dialog box when they click Reply.

As for OE, they are probably clicking Reply All, which puts bitha
addresses in the To line.

So, in both cases, it's just how they are replying.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Following the rules will not get the job done.