[Mailman-Users] Mailman Blocking Squirrelmail: Bad headers?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jun 2 13:44:40 CEST 2004

At 10:03 PM -0700 2004/06/01, Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:

>  I'm using Mailman 2.1.2 on obsd.
>
>  I've seen a few threads that match my current situation:
>
>  I am unable to get mails from squirrelmail-based https sessions to get to
>  the lists I have curently working properly for all other methods of
>  posting/replying.  Joining works, but posting does not.

	Are you using the same account for posting this message?  Looking
through the headers of this message, I don't see anything obviously
bad:

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 22:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Karl R. Balsmeier" <karl at sfdata.net>
To: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Mailman Blocking Squirrelmail: Bad headers?
Sender: mailman-users-bounces at python.org

>  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-June/020336.html
>
>  Anyone else out there seen the same problem and rendered a fix?

	This is the first I've heard of this problem.  It sounds to me
like SquirrelMail may sometimes put some strange headers on your
outgoing mail, and there would be two ways to fix that -- either
configure the remote Mailman not to filter on those headers, or
configure the local SquirrelMail server not to put them on there in
the first place.

	Alternatively, this could be a body content filtering issue, but
the solutions are basically the same.  If we can see some samples of
what is getting rejected and compare that to what should be accepted,
we might be able to figure out how to get from point A to point B.