[Mailman-Users] SMS mailing list

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Wed Jun 2 17:06:48 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:39:42AM -0400, Ben M. Swihart wrote:
> First problem is... I don't seem to be able to set the list to not
> require confirmation for subscription.  This is a closed, internally
> managed list that is not open to the public.  Confirmations are not
> needed.  How do I disable required confirmation?

If you set
in your mm_cfg.py, lists will have the option of not requiring

But if it is "internally managed," the mailing list administrator
could just use the Membership Management interface to subscribe
(and unsubscribe) members... which is less subject to malicious

Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/
Ringo MUG Tokyo          http://www.ringo.net/rss.html