[Mailman-Users] Re: mailman/lynx HTML mail conversion bug

Chris Whip chrisw at cascadia.drizzle.com
Sat Jun 5 03:12:56 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 08:45:59PM -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:
> I think if you search the archives you'll find a solution. Here is what
> I have in my mm_cfg.py file, which would have been based on someone
> else's solution:
>
> HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND = 'LYNX_TEMP_SPACE=/tmp /usr/bin/lynx
> -force_html -dump %(filename)s'
>
> I think the key is setting the temp space.

That appears to be correct. Indeed, it works.

Now that I have my search terms in a row, I can find relevant posts.
I didn't get the "permission denied" errors that others received, so I
actually skipped right over some relevant articles... The other odd thing
is that it's not a problem with HTML mails from Evolution, for example.

Thanks, folks.

-- Chris

Chris Whip - Systems administrator, Drizzle Internet NW - chrisw at drizzle.com