[Mailman-Users] MAIL MAN

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jun 8 13:02:56 CEST 2004

At 2:07 PM -0400 2004-06-04, Dele Adebara wrote:

>  1.  Is there any limit to the number of e mails that can be stored in
>  Mail Man?

	There is no hard-coded limit, no.  There may be practical limits,
depending on the size of the messages, whether or not you allow
attachments, how long you keep the archives, how big your hard drives
are, etc....

>  2.  If I want to use Mail Man for capturing the e mail of my subscribers
>  and sending out the newsletter, can other features of Mail Man be disabled?

	What other features?  Disabled in what way?

	If all you want to do is run an announcement-only list, you can
do that.  You install Mailman, you configure the lists, and then you
don't make use of any of the other features.

>  3.  I am not a computer tech, is it possible for me to install Mail Man
>  on my own?

	Depending on how adept you are with computers, this is possible.
However, a certain amount of talent and skill will be required to
install it, configure it, and maintain it.

>  4.  If I need help to install and configure Mail Man, where can I get
>  the help, and how much will it cost me?

	There are people on this list who could provide consulting
services.  Alternatively, if you want to host your list somewhere
else and let them have the job of maintaining the hardware, etc...,
please see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.017.htp>.