[Mailman-Users] help: everything works, but mail is not sent to lists

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Wed Jun 9 02:56:22 CEST 2004

At 5:21 PM -0400 2004-06-08, Thomas M. Parris wrote:

>  With mailman 2.1.4 on Solaris 2.8 using sendmail (no snyde comments please).

	Sendmail is a perfectly fine MTA for use with Mailman.  It may
take a bit more work to configure than postfix or exim, but on the
other hand (in my experience) it can be more scalable than any other
MTA on the planet.

>  Everything works, but mail is not sent to lists.
>  1. messages are help for moderation
>  2. messages are approved
>  3. messages get sent to an external archiver
>  4. BUT MESSAGES ARE NOT SENT TO THE LIST VIA THE MTA (sendmail).

	Have you seen the FAQ entry at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>?

>  We did not have this problem with 2.1.3.  (And yes, the cronjobs are
>  installed and qrunner is running).
>
>  Any help would be most appreciated.

	What's in the Mailman logs?  What's in the sendmail logs?  It
seems clear that the disconnect is somewhere between Mailman sending
the messages out and the MTA, so we need to know what's going on.