[Mailman-Users] Postfix has problems with Mailman aliases database

malgosia askanas (staff) askanas at panix.com
Wed Jun 9 21:47:06 CEST 2004

> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 02:40:23PM -0400, malgosia askanas (staff) wrote:
> > > Are you sure postmap & smtpd belong together and were linked against
> > > the same libdb? Check with ldd
> >
> > Yup, they were both linked against /usr/lib/libc.so.12.
>
> libc has nothing to do with libdb.
> Post full ldd.

It doesn't show libdb, and the reason -- as I now know -- is that libdb was
linked statically.  BTW, is there an equivalent of "libdb" for static links?

But I am very happy to report that I have now fixed the Postfix problem, and
it was by virtue of this list's advice.  Running "postalias" was indeed the
right thing to do, but, due to the order of things in my PATH, I was running
the wrong "postalias".  Once I fixed that, my problem ended.  Many thanks to
all of you.

-malgosia