[Mailman-Users] one dead list (all others fine)

Jeff Barger jeff at look.net
Fri Jun 11 03:21:57 CEST 2004

On Jun 10, 2004, at 7:54 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Already did that. The web interface will load correctly if I go to
> http://www.dom.ain/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/blah but halfway through any
> admin task it dumps me out to https://www.dom/ain/mailman/admin/blah
> (which does NOT work even though those URLs worked before and are
> configured in mm_cfg.py and Defaults.py). I noticed that some .pyo and
> .pyc files matched the string "cgi-bin" so I moved those to /tmp/ and
> still things don't work.

Can't think of why it might have changed, but have you checked to make
sure the ScriptAlias directive in your apache conf is set correctly?

I do expect the problem (at least this one) is in your mm_cfg.py file.
The DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN (in mm_cfg.py) should be something like
'http://%s/mailman/' or 'http://dom.ain/mailman/'. I'm assuming that
you don't have mailman installed within your apache cgi-bin - somehow I
don't think that would be a good idea...

If changes had originally been made to Defaults.py instead of mm_cfg.py
then those changes were likely overwritten when you upgraded.

You might replace the mm_cfg.py file (back it up first, of course) in
the Mailman directory with a blank one and stop/start via mailmanctl.
If it works then you know the problem is in your mm_cfg.py file. If it
is, start a fresh one and being moving the configuration over one line
at a time until you find the problem. If you want to send me your
mm_cfg.py file (via private mail) I'll look over it and see if I can
see any obvious problems in it for you.

BTW, did you ever find your log files?

-Jeff