[Mailman-Users] mailman subscription feature

Saurav Pathak saurav at sas.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 11 19:27:00 CEST 2004

Since no one replied to the query below, I think I need to rephrase
my question.

The mailing list in question is open to the public, but requires the
subscribing email to be authentic.  That is, the subscriber writing
down his real name in the given field is not enough.  He needs to
provide some additional information, so that the email address can
be connected to a real person.

This is implemented at the present time by requiring both
confirmation and approval for subscription.  Once the subscriber
confirms his email, the list administrator sends him a mail asking
for additional information.  This mail is sent from outside the
mailman system.

What I require is that mailman should send the new subscriber an
email asking him for additional information.  This email should be
triggered when the subscriber confirms his email address.  At
present, mailman does not trigger any mail after confirmation.

Is this a feature that is totally lacking?  Does it require a lot of
rewrite?

I shall appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Saurav

Saurav Pathak [Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 06:07:46PM -0400]:

+  Hi:
+
+  For a list that requires both confirmation and approval for
+  subscription, I would like to customize a message for the
+  subscriber once he has confirmed and awaiting administrator
+  approval.  Where do I customize the message?
+
+  My initial guess was the file ~mailman/templates/en/approve.txt but
+  that turned out to be wrong.  Please help.
+
+  Mailman 2.1.1
+  Redhat 9
+