[Mailman-Users] subscribing subscribers to topics

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sat Jun 12 02:42:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 10:00:48AM -0700, Christopher Adams wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. As an experiment, I tried doing just as you said.
> I created a file named addtopics.py in the /lists/Mailman directory.

Spelling error?  addtopics.py instead of addtopic.py?

> From the command line, I issued the command:  ./withlist -l -r addtopic
> testlist joe.blow at anywhere.com Licensing
>
> The result follow:
>
> Importing addtopic...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./withlist", line 275, in ?
>    main()
>  File "./withlist", line 247, in main
>    mod = __import__(module)
> ImportError: No module named addtopic

By default bin/withlist -r will run a function from a module of
the same name... so a function called addtopic in the
addtopic.py module is the least typing.  :-)

But, you can specify the module name and the callable function:

$ bin/withlist -l -r addtopics.addtopic testlist joe.blow at anywhere Licensing

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/