[Mailman-Users] Moving mailman list

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue Jun 15 02:56:07 CEST 2004

At 5:29 PM -0700 2004-06-14, Robin Rowe wrote:

>  If this is in a FAQ somewhere that explains this please just point me to it.

	The FAQ entry on this subject is at

	However, reading this entry, I see that it needs work.

>  I have a mailman list that I want to move to a different ISP. To do a mass
>  subscribe at the new list I can simply use a text list of addresses, but how
>  do I extract that info out of the old mailman list as a text file?

	Two ways:

		1.  If you have access to the command line prompt on the server
			where the list is located, you can use the command list_members

		2.  Depending on the permissions set for the list, you can use
			the e-mail admin interface.  The FAQ entry at
			has useful information in this area.