[Mailman-Users] mailman wihout web interface

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Wed Jun 23 16:03:15 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 09:12:45AM +0530, Yogesh Subhash Talekar wrote:
> I am new to mailman. I am about to install and test it. Can anyone tell me
> if following is possible.
>
> 1. I want all administration from command line. Becoz due to some
> restrictions I cannot have apache or web access to the server.

It is certainly possible, but you will need to do a fair amount
of scripting to make it convenient.  You can use bin/withlist
to modify list parameters (there are examples in the list
archives and FAQ).

You might want to consider still using Apache, but limiting
access to just localhost or your LAN, for administrator's use.

> 2. I want to manage list users on my own. I don't want users to
> auto-subscribe or unsubscribe on their own.

You can manage subscriptions from the command line using the
add, remove, sync, and list_members scripts.  You can use
withlist to fine tune the member options.

> Please suggest any soultions if you have.

My first inclination is that without the web interface, at
least for the administrators, that Mailman isn't the right
choice for the mailing list manager in your application.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/