[Mailman-Users] problem with email addresses in new mailman setup

Charles 'Buck' Krasic krasic at galibier.cs.ubc.ca
Sat Jun 19 20:43:32 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm having a problem with e-mail address in mailman messages.

Briefly, I'm setting up a new site, for which I've recently registered a
new DNS name, and setup my own nameserver for that domain.

Things seem to be basically working, I can subscribe to my lists, make
postings, etc.   The problem is that I'm seeing an unexpected host name
in some of the e-mail messages.   I'm seeing 'ns.qstream.org' where I
expect to see 'lists.qstream.org'.

The domain is qstream.org.   The website is www.qstream.org (no
frontpage yet), and the name I'm using for mailman email is
lists.qstream.org.

The mailman pages are at www.qstream.org/mailman/

The machine is running linux, Fedora Core 1.  I'm using postfix for the
mailer.  I've tried to follow the instructions in INSTALL.REDHAT and
README.POSTFIX.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- Buck