[Mailman-Users] Using Mailiman

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri Jun 25 21:38:10 CEST 2004

At 6:36 PM -0700 2004-06-24, Singles @ First Impressions wrote:

>  Does Mailman allow me mail to 2-5,000 addresses at one time?

	You can have a large number of subscribers on a Mailman mailing
list -- see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.015.htp>.

	How Mailman actually goes about the process of handing these
messages out to the mail servers will depend on certain configuration
items.  See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq02.002.htp>.

>  Won't my ISP, (broadband SBC/Yahoo) care?

	Depends on where your mailing list is installed, and how your
server is configured.  If you install the list on a machine at your
home, then odds are that your ISP probably *will* care.  You'd need
to check with your ISP to see what you'd need to do in order to
upgrade your service so that it allows this kind of thing.

	Alternatively, you could have the list hosted somewhere else.
See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.017.htp>.