[Mailman-Users] problems with the mail hostname

Guillaume Rousse rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr
Wed Mar 10 11:14:19 CET 2004

Rabinowitz, Ari (Exchange) wrote:
>>From: Guillaume Rousse [mailto:rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr]
>>Tuesday, March 09, 2004 5:48 PM
>>

>>>The only way to be sure that this will work is to remove the CNAME
>>>record for lists.zarb.org and put in an A record in DNS.
>>
>>Unfortunatly, it was not enough :-(
>

> How do you know it was not enough, since I still see the CNAME record.
I reverted to previous situation after constating it didn't help.

> You have very long TTL (Time To Live) on your DNS records so the CNAME is still cached on many servers around the Internet, probably including your own.
>
> You will have to wait until the CNAME's TTL expires before you can know for sure if my solution works or not.
Even if I reload the DNS to reflect the change, and if mailman runs on
the same host ? I didn't thought of this. I guess a full DNS stop/start
will make sure the cache is flushed in this case. I'll give it a try if
I can.
--
A program generator creates programs that are more buggy than the
program generator