[Mailman-Users] New list password

Jamie L. Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Thu Mar 25 13:10:31 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 07:04, Jason Marty wrote:
> I am running Mailman on a Mac with OS X Panther.
> When you create a list via the GUI interface it does not ask you to
> create an admin password.
> If I try to create the list via the Mailman interface I do not know
> the password and it will no accept my other list passwords.
> Is there any place I can change, override or set this password??

You were asked for a list password, or one was created for you. Either
way it was probably emailed to you.

You can use the site password to gain access to the list and change the
list password, if you've forgotten that, you can use mmsitepass to
change it, on my Debian install of Mailman it's at /var/lib/mailman/bin,
but YMMV.

HTH

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 11:30:01 up 4 days, 21:32,  2 users,  load average: 1.46, 1.03, 1.00