[Mailman-Users] Problem with subscription parsing?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun May 2 03:08:13 CEST 2004

At 10:27 PM +0200 2004/04/30, David Bourguignon wrote:

>  I have a problem to register to mailing lists managed with gnu
>  mailman. I think it comes from the way my free email provider
>  writes the subject line content but I'm not sure.

	No, the problem is that your MUA is encoding the message in 8-bit
quoted-printable format.  The "=?iso-8859-1?Q?" stuff at the
beginning is the way that the MUA tells the receiver what the
character set is (ISO 8859-1), and the encoding is quoted-printable.

	You need to turn off quoted-printable within your mail program,
and use plain 7-bit ASCII.  However, this is a question that is
specific to your particular mail program, and you should start by
talking to your ISP.