[Mailman-Users] postfix and solaris

Lenny lenny at frodo.aecom.yu.edu
Mon May 10 17:52:41 CEST 2004

I'm struggling to get combination for solaris, postfix and mailman
working together.

I can create the lists and play with the fancy web gui.
I can send e-mail to the list from the local box, but that doesn't go
anywhere. The log says -
(delivered to command:/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test)
but nothing else happens with that message.

If I send e-mail to the list from a remote machine, I get
"user unknown" error.

The mailman log gives

  Low level smtp error: (146, 'Connection refused')

python -c'import os; print os.getgid()'  - returns 1, which is other.

I tried mail-gid as postdrop, mailman, nobody and other, and all the
same by corresponding gids and in some cases I got gid wrapper errors.
Rigth now it's built with mail-gid=1 and I don't get that error, but
nothing works.

The aliases in postfix config point to -
dbm:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
and postmap seems to be resolving the list names:

postmap -q test /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test"

hostname

What am I still doing wrong ?

thank you all in advance.