[Mailman-Users] Looking for clear and precise documentation for installation and configuration

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Thu May 20 22:37:13 CEST 2004

On May 20, 2004, at 3:26 PM, Carter Bing wrote:
> I have managed to find the well laid out websites for Mailman but
> apparently
> all the documentation assumes that you already have the software
> installed
> correctly and working. I am looking for clear documentation on how to
> install the package, how to configure it to run with apache, and how to
> configure it to deliver mail.
>
> I have looked at the FAQ and documentation on the list.org site but I
> haven't been able to find the correct instructions on how to set it
> up. I am
> currently using Macjordomo which runs on a Mac and would like to move
> my
> lists to mailman.

As a veteran of a Macjordomo to Mailman switch, I can testify to how
much you will appreciate Mailman once you get it running. It's not
really all that difficult to install and set up on OS X, even if you
have no Unix/Linux experience. See the article at
http://www.afp548.com/Articles/Jaguar/mailman21-new.html for very good
basic step by step instructions.

Further instructions are included in the source tarball.

Dan