[Mailman-Users] downloading private archives in batch?

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat May 22 02:10:49 CEST 2004

At 1:45 PM -0400 2004/05/21, Karl Berry wrote:

>  Has anyone happened to have written a script to allow downloading
>  the archives of a private mailman list offline (not in a browser)?
>
>  That is, you give the mailman username/password on the command line, it
>  does the mailman authentication over http[s], remembers the cookie, and
>  gets you the "full raw archives" (for example).

	I would think that you should be able to call a program like wget
and provide the username and password on the command line.  From
there, you could just put that in cron, and you don't really need to
try to remember any cookies or anything.

>  It does not sound terribly difficult to write, but maybe no one has
>  needed it :).
>
>  I searched the documentation and FAQs and list archives and google,
>  with no luck.  Any pointers appreciated.

	I'm not personally aware of anything.  If you find or create
anything, feel free to create a FAQ entry on this subject so that
others don't have such problems as you've had.