[Mailman-Users] gid Problem after upgrade, lists want different gids

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Mon May 24 13:36:58 CEST 2004

At 12:17 PM +0200 2004/05/24, Stefan Müller wrote:

>  I set all the GID values to the values I had before (65533). When I
>  create a new list via the web interface it wants to have a gid 67 (the
>  actual gid of the mailman user).

	Yup.  This is normal.

>  So I seem to have lists that require different gids. How can I setup
>  mailman so that it creates 65533 mail lists or how can I change the
>  existing lists into 67 ones?

	See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.004.htp>
and
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.001.htp>.

>  I read the FAQ but the things do not make sense. Since I seem to need two
>  gids setting the id to either one does not help.
>
>  I use postfix and used rpms to install everything.

	Therein lies the problem.  The RPMs are not set up to use the
GIDs which you are used to using.  You either need to get different
RPMs that are configured the way you expect, or rebuild from the
original source code.

	It sounds like this is another issue that needs to go into the FAQ.