[Mailman-Users] Approval message loops around and is seen as a bounce

Brett Thorson bthorson at foretec.com
Wed May 26 19:06:46 CEST 2004

Turns out that others have had this problem.  I finally solved it when I
found that there were some lists that were working.

The problem was that in some places (on multiple servers) I had

listname-owner -> listname-admin

so when mailman sent a message out, it didn't get rewritten to the
owner, but came back in on an address that made it look like a bounce.
Not good.

I ran the genaliases program in the bin directory, ran that through AWK
and blew away all of my old aliases files (on multiple servers!) and now
all appears to be well.

So if you have this problem.  Make sure that all your aliases are
parallel (in an Euclidean geometry kind of way :-)

--Brett