[Mailman-Users] Truncated long file name in attachment causes problem for Eudora

James Chen james.chen at qut.edu.au
Mon Nov 1 01:44:50 CET 2004

Hi All,

Recently we deployed mailman V2.1.5 for our university, however we are
experiencing some teething problems with attachment.

An attachment with space in the long file name (45+) will lose it's file
extension due to wrapping in the mailman has caused Eudora clients NOT able
to open the attachment properly while Outlook always looks for the last dot
in the long file name and pose no problem in this issue. Can anyone have
similar experience or solution please give us some help.

James Chen  MSc. MCSE for 2000/NT CNA  MCE

Voice: 61-7-38649378

Mobile:61-405-175-817

Fax:61-7-3864 2921
Network Applications Team
Information and Technology Division
The Queensland University of Technology      Brisbane, Australia