[Mailman-Users] I am a new Mailman user

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Thu Nov 4 16:25:57 CET 2004

I am running SME 6.0.1 and the mailman contrib package found at contribs.org

It was quite easy to setup but after a week or so I found this in the archive
the list has been working ok but I'd rather learn something about it and not have errors
than just leave it.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 43, in ?
    from Mailman import mm_cfg
  File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py", line 44, in ?
    from Defaults import *
  File "/opt/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py", line 94
    DEFAULT_URL =
                 ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I've looked at those files and am wondering what is wrong with the first two
errors and for the third error should I remove that line. In my Defaults.py I have this

---cut---
# DEFAULT_HOST_NAME has been replaced with DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, however some
# sites may have the former in their mm_cfg.py files.  If so, we'll believe
# that, otherwise we'll believe DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.  Same for DEFAULT_URL.
DEFAULT_HOST_NAME = None
DEFAULT_URL = None
---cut---