[Mailman-Users] Inital mailman list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 5 16:30:37 CET 2004

Tony Molloy wrote:

>I installed and configured Mailman. Then according to the install guide
>I created the initial mailman list using:
>
>    ./bin/newlist mailman
>
>Then I started the daemon and checked it was running.
>
>I'm trying to subscribe myself to the inital mailman list, as it says in
>the install guide, but when I click on the list either on the "mailing
>lists" page or the "list admin overview" page nothing happens.

The problem is the recommended rewrite rule for Apache is too agressive.

You probably have something like

or something equivalent if your web server is not Apache.

The pattern should be anchored. I.e.

The workaround before you change your Apache config is to append
something to the URL you use or modify it in some other way that the
cgi script ignores. E.g. instead of trying to go to

go to

or to