[Mailman-Users] List has been running for a year and suddenly last night it stopped.

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Mon Nov 15 08:24:49 CET 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:04:09 +0000, Angus wrote

> > what is your MTA - sendmail and queue mail?  Have you just tried to
> > restart
> > the qrunner daemon and see if anything clears?  Anything recently
> > added to
> > your ~mailman/logs/error logs?
>
> Its sendmail. I rebooted the server to see if that would clear it.
>
> Something about disk space but theres plenty of disk space on all
> partitions.

Hi,

possibly you have soft-updates in your /etc/fstab on your /var partition.
therefore your filesystem is claiming space for unwriten log files, etc.  so
you will not see them physically on the drive.

reminder - this is not a windblows box - problems are solveable before
rebooting because there are logs, lots of applications to tell you what is
going on, and commands to just get things done.

lsof is a great application to load to see what applications are requiring
space on the partitions.  you could 'lsof | grep var'  to see this.  most
likely it is apache or something eating up room on /var

restarting the daemon and cycling your log files will help.  I do this
nightly.  Newsyslog for freeBSD does well and rotatelogs for Linux is good as
well.

cheers,

Noah