[Mailman-Users] Has anyone successfully installed Mailman on Fedora Core 2?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Nov 19 21:50:29 CET 2004

--On Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:40 PM -0800 Greg Deputy
<greg at BlastZone.com> wrote:

> Has anyone successfully installed Mailman on Fedora Core 2?  I've been
> trying on and off for the last few weeks, without success.  Looking
> through the mailling list archives I've seen several threads on problems
> getting Mailman to compile on Fedora core 2, which is exactly what i'm
> having trouble with.

FC2 comes with mailman-2.1.4-4.i386.rpm and the update repository has
2.1.5-7. Install with yum:

    yum install mailman

Or you could download the source RPM, rebuild it, and then install the
resulting binary RPM:

    rpmbuild --rebuild mailman*.src.rpm
    rpm -Uvh mailman*.i386.rpm