[Mailman-Users] Re: Apache: allow which dirs?

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sat Nov 20 10:07:52 CET 2004

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 12:36:53AM -0700, Anthony Chavez wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:58:11 -0600 Anthony Chavez <acc at anthonychavez.org> wrote:
> > My question at this point is this: what Mailman directories should
> > Apache allow access to?  Section 4 of the INSTALL document says to allow
> > access from all for /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin, but in order to access
> > my public archives I also must enable it for
> > /usr/local/mailman/archives/public.

You will need to allow access to the scripts in
/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin, and the files in the
/usr/local/mailman/archives directory tree.  (You
will also want to allow Apache to follow symbolic
links from /usr/local/mailman/archives/public into
the private directory.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/