[Mailman-Users] Deleting a list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 24 00:06:13 CET 2004

Terry Allen wrote:

>	I have a quick question that doesn't seem to be answered in
>any of the documentation I have found or the FAQs I have read.
>	Is it possible to delete a list using the HTML pages in
>Mailman? If not, am I correct in that deleting a list requires
>running the rmlist command from the command line like this:
>rmlist listname

>From Defaults.py -

# Set this variable to Yes to allow list owners to delete their own mailing
# lists.  You may not want to give them this power, in which case, setting
# this variable to No instead requires list removal to be done by the site
# administrator, via the command line script bin/rmlist.

So if you set

(in mm_cfg.py of course), there will be a 'Delete this mailing list' link on
the admin pages.