[Mailman-Users] subscribe another list as a member

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Nov 25 17:12:36 CET 2004

Hong Jiang Tian wrote:

>There were two mailing lists of lista and listb on the Mailman server. I
>created a new mailing list named listc by subscribing lista and listb as the
>only two members of listc. When I posted to listc by a member of lista, the
>mail was being held until the list moderator can reviewed it for approval.
>The reason it was being held: Post by non-member to a members-only list.
>
>My question:
>Is it possible to subscribe another list as a member of the current list
>with Mailman?

Not so that members of the sub-list can post to the "umbrella" list.
but see

article 3.5 for one possible work around.

Also, Jim Tittsler developed a patch which allows a list name to be
added to the list of non-members allowed to post, which can be used to
allow members of a sub-list to post to the "umbrella" list. See
http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#listinclusion