[Mailman-Users] Mhonarc vs. Pipermail

George Theall theall at tifaware.com
Sat Nov 27 17:13:39 CET 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 03:02:17PM +0000, Jacques B. Siboni wrote:

> I used Mhonarc with majordomo and now I run mailman with pipermail
>
> -- should I use pipermail or mhonarc?

When I migrated from majordomo to Mailman, I choose to stay with MHonArc,
primarily because it was something I was familiar with. I think the only
drawback to doing this is that Mailman supports pipermail directly.

That said, Richard Barrett of OpenInfo has written some patches that
integrate MHonArc (and htdig, for searching) seemlessly with Mailman;
you can find them at <http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mailman/>.  [By the way,
don't be confused by the labelling on the initial page -- patches are
available for 2.1.5.] They've been working well for me for about a year
on several low-volume lists that I run.

George
theall at tifaware.com