[Mailman-Users] wee problem with web site showing "wrong" emailaddress for the owner.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 29 00:52:34 CET 2004

Steven Jones wrote:

>This will not work as xxx-owner at vuw does not exist in the vuw.ac.xxxx domain. What I need the output to be is either ssk-owner at mailman.vuw.ac.xxxx which is the lists server or ssk at vuw.ac.xxxx which would go directly

It appears that the underlying problem is an incorrect value for
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST either in Defaults.py or in the override in
mm.cfg.py. From your explaination, it seems that it is vuw.ac.xxxx and
should be mailman.vuw.ac.xxxx

You can fix it for the ssk list by going to the lists General Options
page and setting "Host name this list prefers for email." to
mailman.vuw.ac.xxxx, but you should fix DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in
mm_cfg.py so this doesn't happen with every new list.