[Mailman-Users] Posts Not Being Sent

Mike Dillinger miked at softtalker.com
Fri Oct 1 04:28:23 CEST 2004


I have my domain set up on a shared web hosting (VPS, Virtual Private
Hosting) service.  Many users have gotten Mailman working by themselves (no
sysadmin help).  I am missing a step and I don't know what it is.

I have it all installed and it seems to be working fine - except for one
thing.  When I send messages, my domain's catch-all alias catches the
postings instead of Mailman.  The Mailman web interface is working fine.  I
have re-traced the steps in the installation process a few times and can't
seem to find what I'm missing.

In smtp-failure, I'm seeing relaying denied errors.  The other logs look
kind of weird too, but I'm not sure which information would be most useful
to share.

I did peak at the FAQ referred to in other posts:
...and it looks like I've done everything right.  Well obviously I haven't,
but I can't figure out what it is.

I installed Mailman v2.1.5 via source.  The MTA is sendmail and it's
running Red Hat Fedora.

Thank you for your help,

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list