Fwd: Re: [Mailman-Users] yet-another-sendmail-hates-me "list not found" problem
p e y t o n
mmm-mailman at peyton.org
Tue Oct 5 13:01:57 CEST 2004
no, they correctly set up an A record for the hostname.
here's another synopsis of things:
* The alias for the post to the list is working evidenced by the mailer
* The python script for the post to the list operation is running but
not finding the list
* When the script is run as user mail from the command line it appears
to work (must cntr-d)
* When the script is run via sendmail it does not
* The DNS for the list is working and uses an A record
* The DNS for the list is hosted elsewhere
i have now totally exhausted all my ideas. this included going back to
2.1.3 (which i have several copies running already). but even THAT was a no-go.
i'm off to bed where i'm sure i'll dream about mailman all night long.
At 03:55 PM 10/4/2004, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Hmm. Do they point to you via a CNAME alias in the DNS? If so,
> they need to stop doing that, because the SMTP RFCs require that a
> hostname which is an alias to another be replaced by the actual
> "canonical" hostname, and this could be throwing off Mailman.
>At 3:38 PM -0700 2004-10-04, p e y t o n wrote:
>> unlike my other installations of mailman this situation is unique because
>> i am not providing dns for the domain. the host <lists.domain.com> where
>> i want mailman to live is being pointed at me by another server running
More information about the Mailman-Users