[Mailman-Users] Tech Enquiry

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Oct 7 02:04:26 CEST 2004

On 10/3/2004 20:10, "Liyah" <liyahlandon at jaanz.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,

> however, I have tried to enter 2 other email addresses (to test it) and it
> says 'You must enter a valid email address'  I know these other 2 emails ARE
> valid.  Could you please tell me how to fix this so it will record the email
> into the database without saying it is incorrect?

What do the complained-of addresses look like?  Best would be an actual
sample, but privacy may preclude that...nearly as good would be a made up
bogus address with the same collection of special characters (anything not a
through z and 0 through 9) in the same configuration.

That is, if a problem valid address were
abc/xy at example.com
you would show us something like
xyz/xy at example.com

There are characters which Mailman doesn't allow which are nonetheless valid
in email address local parts per the mail RFCs.

  --John