[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.5 crashing

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 22:46:55 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 16:18, Sasa Stupar wrote:
> Version is 2.1.5 as I stated in the subject.

Sorry, finger fumble on my part, you did state that, I meant to ask what
python version. I've heard an assertion, but not verified by anything
I've seen that running mailman 2.1.5 with anything less than python 2.3
can lead to random crashes, a RH 8 system won't have the latest python
unless you've installed a newer python yourself.

> The last message in the log is: Starting mailman: succeeded.

mailman did no processing inbetween being restarted and crashing? Did
you look at all the logs, including the SMTP logs?

After you restart mailman does the master qrunner process persist until
it crashes at some distant random point in the future or does it almost
immediately exit?

I assume you're not running a Red Hat supplied mailman RPM on your Red
Hat system based on the need to remove stale locks since our init.d
script always passes the -s flag to mailmanctl and you don't need to
invoke mailmanctl directly. Have you tried a Red Hat RPM?

You might try setting the core file limit so you generate a core file
(uname -c XXX). This needs to be done in the environment that starts
mailman.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>