[Mailman-Users] Python.org problems?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Oct 16 07:38:34 CEST 2004

At 7:42 AM -0700 2004-10-14, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>  Are there problems with the web server at www.python.org?
>
>  For the past several days, I have been experiencing intermittent long
>  delays and timeouts while accessing the Mailman FAQ. Are others seeing
>  this?

	There have been some load problems on the server.  We believe
that it's a case of someone doing a massive "wget -r" across the
whole machine from a high-speed connection.

	We're working on methods to detect and deal with these kinds of
situations which effectively amount to a DoS attack on the system.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755