[Mailman-Users] Change GID w/o recompiling?

Mats Hulten mats at ffs.gu.se
Thu Oct 21 16:02:39 CEST 2004

Hi there!

I've been struggling with my setup of Mailman, and finally after many hours I
got to the point where it actually responded via Apache. :)
Only problem is that it responds with:
Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 65534, GOT gid 8.

A quick search rendered the information that Mailman must be run with the same
GID as Apache (in this case 8), and that there is nothing to be done but to
recompile and reinstall... :(

Is that really true??? Apparantly this is one of the most common questions, so
the problem isn't exactly unique for me. Has there been no development as to
change the configuration so that you can change the GID Mailman runs as?
Will this be a feture in future releases?

And before you tell me to RTFM before installation, let me tell you that
Mailman was installed as part of the baseinstallation in Suse... ;)

Regards
Mats Hulten