[Mailman-Users] Spoofed Addresses

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 31 06:16:19 CET 2004

David Relson wrote:

>I've learned that /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases (generated by Mailman)
>has entries like:
>
>bogofilter:        "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post bogofilter"
>bogofilter-admin:  "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin bogofilter"

One thing you may or may not be aware of:

It looks like the above are aliases for a list named bogofilter. They
will not cause any incoming mail to postfix to be processed by
bogofilter in any way. They will cause incoming mail to addresses
bogofilter at dom.ain, bogofilter-admin at dom.ain and likewise for others
to be piped directly to mailman.