[Mailman-Users] Shunting - Where Did they Go?

Lloyd F. Tennison lists at viplist.us
Thu Sep 2 14:20:27 CEST 2004

I am re-asking this as it seems I am not the only one with this problem and none of
use received an answer.

I had a problem and my MTA restart itself automatically.  Mailman threw the following error:(SMTP log)

Aug 27 04:38:41 2004 (26555) All recipients refused: please run connect() first
Aug 27 04:38:41 2004 (26555) All recipients refused: please run connect() first
Aug 27 04:38:41 2004 (26555) All recipients refused: please run connect() first

For the remainder of the list - about 20,000 emails.  I saw files (about six) in the shunt folder.  I waited a couple of hours since I thought Mailman would retry (I also stopped and started Mailman) but to no avail.  I saw the "unshunt" command and ran it.  No errors and it removed the files from the shunt queue - but then nothing happened again.  No pick up wgere left off, no nothing.  Tried restarting, even recompiling and restarting, but no difference.  Since I am assuming they are gone and the only way to
recover if to extract sent ones from the log file - what do I do if this ever happens again?

Thanks.

Lloyd F. Tennison
lloyd_tennison at whoever.com

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message.
However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily
inconvenienced.