[Mailman-Users] Update batch of users?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 2 15:55:54 CEST 2004

At 8:45 AM -0500 2004-09-02, Brendan Chard wrote:

>                                                                      Is there
>  a way to easily update all members subscribed to lists with @domain1.com to
>  make them @domain2.com or will each user have to log in individually and
>  update their own address?

	Easy way?  Depends on what you call "easy".

	You could go through with the command-line tools and "withlist"
(see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.009.htp>)
to process each and every list, look at all of the users for each
list, and then correct each individual entry.

	That's not what I would call easy, at least not for you, although
I'm sure your users would love that, since that would mean they don't
have to do any work.

	If you want more examples of how to use "withlist", I'd encourage
you to search the archives of the mailman-users and
mailman-developers mailing lists, as shown in
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.018.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755