[Mailman-Users] Determining why a message is discarded?

John R. Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Sep 3 21:47:08 CEST 2004

I have a user whose postings to one of my lists are being discarded.  By
all indications, they should go through -- the are from a subscribed
address, mail isn't being held for bounces, etc.

I've changed all the list settings from "discard" to "reject" yet his
most recent message still shows up in /var/log/mailman/vette as discarded.

Any clues on what might be causing this, or on how to further dig into
the problem?  The discarded messages don't seem to leave any suspicious
traces in the other mailman logs.  (FWIW, I recently upgraded from 2.1.4
to 2.1.5; the Debian upgrade script reported that everything converted
over without problems.)

Thanks,

John