[Mailman-Users] restricting configuration option

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sat Sep 4 03:09:55 CEST 2004

On Sep 4, 2004, at 06:02, K. Clair wrote:

> Is there a relatively easy way to remove configuration options from
> the administrative interface for all lists?  I know that I can set
> defaults, but what if I don't want list administrators to be able to
> change them?

As Brad pointed out, you can't enable/disable each of the configuration
options on a one-by-one basis.

You can eliminate entire 'categories' from appearing in the
administrative interface by copying the ADMIN_CATEGORIES list from
Defaults.py into your mm_cfg.py and deleting the categories that you
don't want your list administrators to see.  That's an easy way to get
rid of the Mail<>News Gateway page for example if it is not relevant to
your installation.  (It wouldn't prevent the clever/devious
administrator from changing the values, but it removes the temptation
to 'tweak' by pointing and clicking.)

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/